SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Full Time)
Location: New York, NY
The Senior Project Manager provides leadership and sets the standard for others to follow within the company on a day to day basis while leading construction projects from concept thru construction. This position requires conduct in keeping with Lafayette’s culture of Quality, Commitment, and Integrity.
- Plan the work.
- Set project goals.
- Work with Estimator to review project estimate and review bids/proposals from subcontractors and vendors.
- Work with Estimator(s) to ensure Project Kickoff meeting (Internal) is clear and complete handing off to project management team.
- Work with Estimator and Procurement to review material requirements & project buyout.
- Work with Assistant Project Manager (APM) create project schedule.
- Work with Project Superintendent to create site logistics plan, and review project proposed schedule.
- Participate in the constructability review.
- Review the Client Project Contract for deliverables and necessary assignments.
SHOP DRAWINGS AND SUBMITTALS:
- Coordinate efforts with and Draftsperson
- Ensure Shop Drawings are submitted to Client/Architect timely for approval based on client schedule
- Review and Ensure Shop Drawings are generated in accordance with Client Specifications and Proposal Scope of Work
- Work with APM to issue and manage RFIs and submittals and verify Client/Architect timely for approval
PROJECT DEPLOYMENT PHASE
- DRIVE FROM THE PROJECT SCHEDULE AT ALL TIMES
- Ensure Project Is Managed On Schedule, On Budget and On Target.
- Develop & Maintain Project Schedule For Assigned Projects.
- Document Material Lead Times & Duration of Installation.
- Work with General Supervisor to plan, organize and activities.
- Create, Monitor & Manage by Milestone Schedule.
- Management and coordination of Project Milestone Schedule.
- Review Project Schedule with APM weekly.
- Obtain and Review Daily progress reports, Work with APM and Foreman to ensure reports are received daily and timely.
- Complete Daily Load & Scope Tickets for Milestones Activities for deployment of manpower and scheduled activities.
- Manage Critical Path Items, and at Risk Milestones.
- Follow up with field on all scheduled activities throughout the day.
- Respond to work delays and other problems/emergencies.
- Communicate Schedule to client from Pre-Construction to Closeout.
- Report Progress via Project Milestone Schedule at weekly PM Meetings and as necessary based on project requirements or as issues arise.
- Attend and record accurate job meeting minutes, schedule concerns and action items.
- Maintain Ongoing Punch List from Start through Completion of Project.
- Work with Procurement to buyout with subcontractors and vendors on or below budget.
- Timely procurement of materials.
- Ensure materials are received timely and in proper sequence to maintain project schedule.
- Coordinate with Procurement and communicate material delays and/or defects and act accordingly.
- Ensure timely field measurements.
- Coordinate Fabrication Tickets on all Shop / Vendor Fabrication.
- Coordinate with Fabrication Shop to ensure all materials are ready and prepared for scheduled activities.
- Ensure Material Allocations are outlined for Daily Load & Scope Tickets (see Schedule Management).
- Attend weekly procurement meetings with APM and Procurement Team.
CLIENT COMMUNICATIONS & MANAGEMENT:
- Attend scheduled Senior Project Manager site meetings.
- Review Clients progress against LGC Project Schedule, Communicate any variances or issues to client from Day 1.
- Ensure compliance to all contract requirements.
- Document all correspondence with Clients in Salesforce.
- Work with APM to communicate open items with Client, Change Orders, Approvals, RFIs, to completion.
CHANGE ORDER MANAGEMENT:
- Identify areas outside scope of work.
- Document areas and work with estimating to generate change order.
- Submit change order to client.
- Continually monitor change order approval.
- Ensure all change orders are added to Project Schedule, Shop Drawings, and Procurement activities are coordinated (as stated above).
- Manage and monitor process through completion.
- Communicate to Owner/Architect completion of punchlist activities.
- Ensure all shop drawing record copies are submitted.
- Work with Assistant Project Manager and Contract Administrator to collect, organize and issue Project & Financial Closeout documents.
- Lead project closeout meeting.
- Progressive and assertive attitude.
- Professionalism, Honesty and integrity.
- Ability to remain calm, focused, and effective under time pressure situations.
- Ability to use independent judgement; self-starting.
- Ability to maintain organization and provide direction to support staff.
- Ability to manage tasks and provide clear direction ensuring timely completion by team.
- Scheduling skills.
- Conflict Management and Negotiation Skills.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills required.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and effectively multi-task.
- Perform well under pressure and in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- 7+ years experience managing architectural glass & metal projects from $5000 – $5M.
- In depth knowledge of Architectural Metal & Glass materials and installation applications.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of glazing trade.
- Glazing Installation experience a +
- Intermediate Computer skills required.