AutoCAD DETAILER / DRAFTER / DRAFTING (Full Time)
Location: New York, NY
At lmgny, we are seeking a AutoCAD Detailer / Drafter who be responsible for the preparation of detailed Metal & Glass drawings according to specifications provided by the architect, the client, and Project Management. This position will work alongside our Drafting, Estimating & Project Management Teams.
Includes but not limited to
- Provide architectural submittal drawings in compliance with contract documents, and within the specified budget and timeline
- Analyze architectural drawings, specifications, and other documentation to prepare shop drawings for approval by project management and clients.
- Revise shop drawings based on mark-ups by architect to achieve total approval of the project.
- Provide complete fabrication documents in accordance with the project timeline, Prepare layouts, fabrication and installation sketches for vendor and internal shop fabrication & field installation.
- Prepare final record set of shop drawings based on approved mark-ups.
- Maintain library of standard details, parts and programs.
- Develop, maintain and follow standard templates and fabrication guideline.
- Provide technical assistant to project management team.
- Minimum of 7 Years Experience in Architectural Metal & Glass
- Must be able to read and interpret construction blueprints and documents
- Excellent AutoCAD Architecture, Fluent MS Office and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Proficiency in developing detailed AutoCAD Shop Drawings and Detailed fabrication drawings
- Experience in the design of architectural metal & glass applications / systems.
- Experience with Railings & Staircases a +
- Must have excellent methodology in work practices, be able to work to tight deadlines and prioritize work
- Be able to work to high standards of Quality & Accuracy
- Be able to work in a deadline driven work environment